Friday 9 March 2007

Work Stops

Off I went to hospital for my op. I had some of my collar bone chisled away plus some other bits scraped away. Left hospital the next day with my arm in a sling and feeling pretty sore. Since nothing was going to happen on the build front I looked for other things to do. So I went down the library and borrowed Path of the Paddle and Thrill of the Paddle by Bill and Paul Mason. Good books that give instruction on paddling technique etc. Did I mention I'm a canoe virgin and need to learn all the basics?

Looked on eBay for a paddle and got a DDR beaver tail for £11 plus shipping. Also bought a book from BuyRights (their marketing slogan is "maykert part of yar Suffolk loif" - make it part of your Suffolk life for those who don't know local Suffolk!) the title of which I don't remember but it's a good colour book with instruction on J and several other strokes.

Total spend so far = £100

No comments: