Thursday 12 April 2007

More taping

Filleted and taped the forward bulkhead section. Access is pretty tight so getting a good fillet of glue is quite difficult and I had to resort to using long sticks and pushing the glue in then using my hand to spread it out.

I used a tip found from trawling the SoTP forum re. putting the resin and hardener in a bucket of hot water to get it nice and fluid. This helps when dispensing and works really well, I'd recommend it - just wish I'd found out about it earlier, it would have saved me some time.

Increased the hatch hole sizes in the bulkhead using an angle grinder. Not the right tool for the job but it worked.

Bought some stainless steel M4 button head cap screws to fix the hatches in place. Also bought the wood for the gunwales - just need to persuade my neighbour to lend me his router again so I can add the drain slot features.

Total spend to date £282

No comments: