Sunday 25 May 2008

The Apache arrives

After having the Raven for a while and borrowing/ owning various plastic canoes I got a bit fed up hauling heavy(ish) boats around so decided to look around for a lightweight alternative. I didn't want to pay a lot of money for a Royalex boat so looked at and test drove a Venture 14' canoe. I probably would have bought one except the shop's order was stolen which lead me to the Apache website.

I didn't want to buy one with testing one out first and noticed that someone on SoTP lived in Suffolk and that person turned out to be a neighbour of mine. We got together and I had a paddle one evening on the Stour. It was quite windy on the way back and the Apache behaved very well in wind, unlike the Raven.

Anyway deal done I ordered one, well the hull and the ash for the gunwhales and arranged to collect it from Nottingham.

This blog will show the progress of the build...

No comments: