Wednesday 11 June 2008

Deck Plates Fitted

Fitted the deck plates after cutting a groove with a router in both the plate and the inwales. I used 4mm thick marine ply left over from my other canoe to make biscuits which were then covered in epoxy glue mix.

After fitting I sanded down the excess epoxy and gave the wood a coat of danish oil.

Still waiting for my bloody grab handles - at this rate I'll end up making them myself... Apart from these the canoe is finished. I do need to get some rope or tapes for painters though.

2 comments:

Eddie Stalkperch said...

Nice Canoe, it's a credit to yo

Vik aka Eddie Stalkperch SotP

Eddie Stalkperch said...

Nice Deck Gibbo, I just varnished mine but not added them to my Blog yet.

I am "1 paint" away from the 1st launch, in about 2 weeks,

See you on SotP.

Vik aka Eddie Stalkperch

.