Friday 9 March 2007

I don't know why...

This is me white water rafting down the Zambezi whilst on holiday with some friends. Yep that's me with the Adidas trainers going for yet another dip - check out YouTube for a short film of this.

I was trying to think what the trigger was for me wanting to build an open canoe. I really can't remember, but over the years I have always fancied owning a canoe of some description. I did own a kayak (which never saw water) for a while when I lived at home but my dad seemed to hate having my stuff in the garage and eventually the canoe was cut up and sent to the tip - shame.

Anyway after doing a fair bit of research on the internet and then joining The Song Of The Paddle Forum I decided to go down the self build route. This blog shows my progress.

No comments: