Friday 9 March 2007

My plans arrive - Jan. '07

I finally decided which canoe to go for. It's a Selway Fisher 15'7" Raven open canoe made using the stitch and tape build method. The length is just under the width of my garage so I'm hoping that once it's built it will fit in quite nicely.

Cost of the plans is £40. For this you get some basic instructions on the build method and some scaled dimensioned drawings that are lofted onto the plywood. For this design you need 3 sheets of marine ply, the thickness that I chose was 4mm. You can go thicker but I wanted to keep the weight down as I'll probably be the person to carry it when done.

Unfortunately I was away in the US on business when the plans arrived which was a shame as reading through them would have relieved some of the boredom of the evenings.

No comments: