Tuesday 13 March 2007

Waiting for the glue to dry...

After 36hrs of waiting my glue joints still aren't fully cured. This is due to the slowww curing hardener (and the temperature) I was sent. I don't want to move the panels but at the same time I still have a couple more joins to make so would like to get on.

In the mean time I met up with Paul (the picture's his canoe) who's a member of the Open Canoe Association Suffolk Branch who kindly showed me his Selway Fisher Peterborough. He imparted some good advice aswell as some tales of woe. I think I'll change my thoughts about the gunwhale timber and go for the smaller cross section on the outside. Also the inwhales need to have some holes in them so when the canoe is turned over the water has somewhere for it to escape.

What struck me was that the canoe is huge, both length and width and mine will be about a foot or more longer.

Ordered my 75mm tape (a 100m roll) for £24 from CWY.

Total spend to date £239.

No comments: