Wednesday 14 March 2007

Don't let your kids in the garage!

I took a lot of time and trouble to measure up and make sure that my butt joints were good. I placed the upper bilge boards over each other and they matched extremely well. The lower bilge panels at the centre were off by about 10mm. The joint wasn't parallel and I remembered that my youngest lad managed to kick the end of the panel just after I had glued it. I didn't check it and I should have so the upshot is I had to cut the glue joint and start again. Extremely annoying as the epoxy is taking a long time to cure off.

Anway hopefully this evening I will do the above joint as well as the ones I still had left to do.

Arranged to get my seats delivered this Friday so am looking forward to that. Also ordered a 100m roll of 75mm glass tape from China Wind Yachts. Also found out from CWY that you can add acrylic paint to the epoxy to give it a colouring. Apparently it's a bit trial and error but I'll give it a go and see what happens.

No comments: