Wednesday 16 May 2007

Mayonnaise

Made up some more mayonnaise (fairing mix); named as such after it was described to me as the correct consistency, and have done the top glass joint all around the boat plus the stern. Glued the inner bulkhead cross bars whilst trying to work out how I'm going to fit the top bulkhead panel in place. I still can't think of a way that will look nice so in the mean time I bought a bit more timber to splice in and then maybe I'll rout it down a bit so I can inset the panel - we'll see.

Drilled out both painter holes to increase the hole size then; using a screwdriver, spread epoxy into the hole to seal the bare wood.

Bought some yacht varnish using the £20 voucher I got from Buildbase for complaining about their poor service (not from local branch, they've always been pretty good and willing to help) also got the 8 stainless steel M6x120mm cap screws from Suffolk Fasteners I needed to fit the seats on. Just need the dowels to set the seat height now.

Total spend to date £363

No comments: