Monday 14 May 2007

Outwales on

Took a bit of time making sure my compound angles and outwale length matched the other one already fitted then glued it on at the weekend - see picture 2. Removed the clamps once cured because I couldn't wait to see what the boat looks like with uninterupted lines (i.e. without G-clamps). I like it....

Used my microballoon fairing mix (the purply colour in picture 2) to fill the front end exterior where I ran out of tape and had to patch. Rubbed it down late last night and the fairing really makes a difference, it just smooths everything out a bit.

Glued and drilled the blocks to allow the painter (mooring rope) through. I also marked out both sides and drilled half way on either side meeting in the middle as pushing a drill bit through ply tears the top laminate.

Cut out the bulkhead inner cross bars and dry fitted them, again compound angles involved so took my time making sure they're right.


No comments: