Friday 11 May 2007

My first paddle - but not in my canoe

Joined the beginners group at the Ipswich Canoe Club and went for a paddle in a borrowed club canoe. Oh man how crap was I at paddling. Left the jetty and promptly found a reed bed and stayed embedded for a while. Once out promptly returned to said reed bed.

After some tuition and practice I did start to get the hang of it and by the time we finished I felt reasonably confident about getting myself back to the jetty without embarassing myself further.

Hats off to those of you who can paddle solo. Richard; our instructor, just made it look so easy and effortless. Regardless of my efforts I really enjoyed it and can't wait to get on the water again.

I'm sitting here aching already and that's not a good sign so it's off down the gym to keep those muscles loose.

No comments: